Monday, February 07, 2011

Terminal Two



Took a break from the sketchers this Sunday to have another digital 'paint in'. I guess I'm learning backwards here. I never mastered the wacom tablets, it'd always been pencil or f*** off with me until the cintiq came along. I'd say this took me the bulk of three or so hours, probably would've taken half that time with the cintiq, but it's a bit of fun. I found a pic online of the new Dublin Airport Terminal Two building that had really great colour and I tried my best to emulate them. Don't bother blowing it up to fullscreen it's a mass of mistakes.

3 comments:

Patrick Daly said...

Interesting work Tom. I used to do
a lot of messing around with scanning
stuff in from my sketchbooks and manipulating them digitally. Maybe i'll c if I can still so it

Salmon Leap said...

I'm from Dublin, so it was a nice surprise to see this pic here, I was only in that terminal a few days ago.

Just a question, how much of a step up is a Cintiq over using a standard tablet with a monitor? I've been doing lots of boarding and getting to know the new Painter so it's been on my mind, my tablet is pretty old...

Lucky Fish said...

It's perfect Tom! It looks so real!