Monday, February 07, 2011

Egyptian Riots


Found another great pic with really cool composition. I tried to copy the shapes of the guards when I started but in the end it would have been too too painstaking for an evening practice, so I just added a couple of highlights here and there and hopefully got away with it. It's gettin slightly easier to use the wacom. Slowly, slowly and fingers crossed eventually! The colors are starting to look more natural than the previous couple which has been the objective with these, getting myself away from the brighter cartoon type palette I'm used to at work.

4 comments:

Simon Scales said...

Hey Tom - love these paintings of late!!

Peter Slattery said...

Excellent! And topical.

galvinator said...

Cheers! Comments much appreciated!

James Moone said...

Nice to see some of your work in colour. Nicely done Tom.