Thursday, June 19, 2008


It was a common operation, back in the day. The patient would have a 'keye' removed from his head. Usually, or from what I can gather, it was an operation performed in an effort to stave off madness, or a way to treat a patient deemed mad. The patient being operated on here had his 'keye' removed from his head with considerable success. I know this because there is an inscription, not included in this reproduction, when translated says; "Master, cut away the stone – my name is Lubbert Das." Here's a link to his blog, still alive and not quite so mad, now speaking with a Northern Irish accent and going under the pseudonym Colin Lorimer. Living far away from Bosch's hellish depictions of 16th century Netherlands, in Vancouver; making a decent living in the animation industry.

2 comments:

Lubbert Das said...

A post all about me!

Thanks man. Some say the Northern Irish accent has faded somewhat so I have to keep watching stuff like this to keep that Norn Iron dialect in check...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwk0AzB3uX0

galvinator said...

Ha ha, yeah, ye know that was the first thing that came up in wikipedia on the name, the other tid-bit about his character was that he was a well known clown (I guess Falstaff-like) of 'ye olde' Dutch literature. Far be it from me to call a man from the North a clown.... ha ha! Good you-tube clip, brought me back. But the Vic and Bob Hulk clip on your blog is brilliant!